Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. Statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding the home you really want when you work with a real estate agent.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like we do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and help make the entire process a smooth one. During a viewing, your real estate agent will give you as much information abut the property that they can learn. Your real estate agent will also point out desirable features, and try to help you see potential “issues”.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate agent will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Your own personal real estate agent is a partner to be there for you. At least, that’s how we work with our clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals.
- Explains everything clearly and answers all your questions.
- Has expertise and a track record of success.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will provide you with lists of reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you will need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. Our clients say that we do. They also tell us how much they appreciate our professionalism, expertise and integrity.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. You want to be comfortable with your agent.
To schedule an appointment with somebody in our team, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.