Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Our job, as your real estate team, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
We’ll help you prepare a winning offer and try to get you the property at the right price! We look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We’ll review pricing information with you and formulate a price that you are comfortable with and has the best chance of being accepted by the seller.
- Sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. We may suggest a condition, such as a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- We’ll prepare the necessary documents. You review them and sign. then we will present your offer to the seller’s real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we’ll work with the seller’s agent, to try and find the price point and conditions that work.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You have the final decision.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions, additional contracts if needed and closing the deal!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate team that, like us, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing that we know how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email us.